Four Steps To Get perfectly Plastered Walls
Plastering walls and ceilings is a tedious and time consuming task. It involves a lot of steps like choosing the right tools and equipment, selecting good quality plaster material, skimming the surface and preparing it for plastering and finally, plastering the walls.
If you are planning a do-it-yourself plastering project, here are some tips from expert plasterer in Sydney to make the process simple. These tips will help you through the process.
- The first step is to prepare the walls and ceilings for plastering. Remove any existing wallpaper and paint from the surface to be plastered. Wash the walls to remove accumulated dirt and grime. Applying plaster on dirty walls makes the plaster to fall off. The next step is to check for any cracks on the walls and cover them up using a scrim tape. Prepare the walls using PVA. It acts as a primer and helps you achieve a perfect finishing.
- The next step is to get all the necessary tools required for the plastering project. According to professional plasterer in Sydney, you need the following tools to plaster walls and ceilings, plastering trowel, bucket trowel, hawk, plaster drill, mixing buckets, cleaning brush and water brush. Make sure all the tools are clean, as any plaster or dirt on the tools will ruin the finishing of plaster. You can get these tools from neighbouring hardware stores or supermarkets. You can also buy them online.
- Then you have to get the perfect plaster. Buy a good quality plaster in the required material and finish. There are a number of plasters to choose from. Take water first in the mixing bucket and then add plaster slowly. Mix the plaster well using a plaster drill. Add plaster until you achieve the desired consistency.
- The final step is to plaster the walls. Follow these seven steps to get the perfect finish.
- Apply the first coat to the wall
- Then prepare the second batch of plaster and apply the second coat on the wall
- Remove ridges and high spots on the wall using a trowel
- Wait for ten minutes and flatten the wall for a smooth finish
- Give a trowel over after waiting for ten minutes
- Use the water brush and give a wet trowel
- Finally get the smooth finish on the wall with a final trowel over.
The entire process might seem challenging and tough. But experienced plasterer in Sydney, recommended going about the process in a planned and organized approach to get perfectly finished plastering on your walls.