The 5 Steps To Teaching English Abroad
Thailand – March 15, 2016 – If you haven’t decided yet what you want to do with your life, why not teach English as a foreign language? TEFL teaching offers tons of benefits. If you have no idea what a TEFL teacher does, just think of what a regular teacher does because the job description is almost the same. However, part of a TEFL teacher’s job is to travel to different countries to teach non-English speakers the language. You get to travel, experience a different scene and culture, learn from and meet new people and build great relationships. If you engage in TEFL teaching, it is up to you if you want to make it a lifetime profession or not. But it is a good way for you to be productive while deciding what you want to do in life.
Here are the 5 steps to teaching English abroad.
- Decide and Research. Before you enter TEFL Thailand, it is important that you think about it very clearly and if it is what you truly want to do otherwise you would’ve just wasted your time. Once you have decided, effective research can do you well. Research on topics such as TEFL certification options, best countries to teach in, etc.
- Get Certified. Getting TEFL certified is an important part of TEFL teaching because schools and language institutes require a professionally trained English teacher. Also, getting a TEFL certificate can qualify you for higher paying jobs.
- Search for Destinations. Once you get certified, the next step is to look for great options. Once you have chosen a country, look for teaching opportunities in that country and schedule an interview. Know that you would have to get interviewed in advance before you can teach but some schools interview face-to-face. It would be best if you start looking for job opportunities while getting certified.
- Arrange Your Travel and Departure. Once you have the job lined up or if you had scheduled a face-to-face interview, it’s time to start planning your departure. Prepare your passport, research airfare prices, prepare the ticket and etc.
- Pack and Party. Once everything is set. You should start packing right away. Bring essential items and your clothes. After that, you can then throw a going-away party.